Monday, February 28, 2011

A LITTLE BACKGROUND ABOUT ME.

I am in 2011 fifty eight years old.  I grew up with parents from the lower east side of NY. They were not on the Goldman Sachs list of preferred clients for sure however, they were rich of soul.  During the depression if you had enough food to eat and to feed friends in need you were rich indeed.  Both in thankfulness for your own and for the opportunity to help someone else.....I don't know how to cook a little......LOL.....and some of my stories and tales stem from these thought patterns that were part of my everyday life hearing those magnificently colorful stories at the dinner table growing up.  Many of the beautiful folk that were part of these tales are now gone but they live on in my heart and the hearts of others.....I smile seeing them in my mind.....eyes wide and full of fun and vigor embellishing a story like few could. OF COURSE FOR THOSE WHO KNOW MY DAD IS ON THE TOP OF THAT LIST.....Some of the funniest times I have spent were at the dinner table laughing hysterical at mad (nuts mad) relatives tell a heartwarming crazy tale.  At my age though it was not all happy.......With my family background what it is Jewish and Italian I was privy to some diversified cultural cooking, humor and also to the horrible stories of tragedy WWII bestowed on the world.......especially European Jews with my grandmother being Polish and my grandpa Russian Jews. Made me who I am today.  In any event turns out many of the peasant dishes they made are now considered glorious meals in restaurants today.  And if not for the great food who would have ever stayed at the dinner table kibitzing for hours and hours on end..........even if the discussions were like being at the Comedy Club Marathon.......LMAO.....Here is a peasant dish simple........great bbq sausage, roasted peppers, & roasted potatoes.  My dad's family was in the ice business and also sold charcoal and coal so bbq was a way of life in his world and then in our house.......Grilling..........I should say.

No comments:

Post a Comment